Here at GringoWasi we can arrange a full variety of tours, treks and jungle visits for you including tours to Machu Picchu, the Inka Trail and Salkantay treks as well as trips to Manu or Puerto Maldonado. We also have contacts in other locations like Puno, Arequipa and Lima, so if you need assistance in booking accommodations or activities in these locations, just let us know.
The following is a list of the standard tour options that we can provide, if there is something that you are interested in but do not see it listed below, let us know and we will be happy to look into it for you. Additionally if you are interested in an activity below and want more information or current pricing, just e-mail us at the address on our contact page.
Day Tours by Private Car:
These tours are all done by private car or van (depending on group size) and we are normally the drivers. These tours tend to visit more sites than the group tours and offer more flexibility.
- Cusco City Ruins – Sites include Saqsaywaman, Q’enqo, Pukapukara, & Tambomachay and includes time in Cusco
- Hill Top – Sites include Salineras de Maras, Moray & Chinchero
- Lares Hot Springs – Includes a visit to Ankasmarka and time to relax at the hot springs, a great way to follow a trek.
- Qeswachaca Rope Bridge and Raqchi – Includes a visit to both sites
- Sacred Valley – Sites include Ollantaytambo, Inkariy Museum, Pisac and the Cochahuasi Animal Sanctuary
- Southern Valley – Sites include Tipon, Pikillacta & Church of San Pedro in Andahuaylillas
- Western Valley – Sites include Andenes Zurite, Killarumiyoq, and Tarawasi
- Bungee Jumping or Slingshot – Half day
- Cusco City Tour – Half day
- Maras/Moray Biking tour – Full day, not suitable for novice riders.
- Maras/Moray By Bus – Half day
- Maras/Moray on Horseback – Full day
- Maras Moray Quad Biking tour – Half day
- Rafting, local – Full Day
- Rafting, Apurimac – 3 Days
- Rock Climbing – Half day
- Sacred Valley Tour – Full Day
- Via Ferrata and/or Zip-line – Half or Full day depending on if you are doing one or both activities
Machu Picchu Tours
- Group Machu Picchu by Land – 2 Days, This is generally refereed to as the budget trip, it is a lot of driving (7 to 8 hours) and is not recommended during the rainy season
- Group Machu Picchu by Train – Full day, this is a long day
- Group Machu Picchu by Train – 2 days, with this option you arrive in Aguas Calientes the day before visiting Machu Picchu, allowing for a more relaxed visit.
- Group Machu Picchu by Train w/Sacred Valley tour – 2 Days, On the first day you do a Sacred Valley tour and end they day taking the train to Aguas Calientes where you spend the night
- Private Machu Picchu – This can be done in one day, or two days in combination with a Private car Sacred Valley or Hill Top tour, with this tour you will have private transport to and from the Station and a private guide at Machu Picchu.
- Huchuy Qosqo – Huchuy Qosqo is a full day hike of about 10 hours and the site is located between Chinchero and the Sacred Valley
- Rainbow Mountain – This is another full day hike with a pickup in Cusco at about 03:30 returning about 19:00, the hike itself is about 22km long and takes you to an altitude of about 5,000 meters
- Wata – This is a long half day hike of about 5 to 6 hours, and is close to Huarocondo
- Choquequirao – 4 and 5 day options available, this is one of the least done treks and it can be difficult at times to find groups going, private treks are always available, does not go to Machu Picchu
- Inka Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu – 3 and 4 day options are available, this trek is low altitude and generally includes biking and has options for Zip-line and Rafting. This trek is not recommended during the rainy season
- Inka Trail to Machu Picchu – 4 day standard trek, the only option that enters Machu Picchu directly
- Lares Trek to Machu Picchu – 4 day trek that is not common, so one of the least crowded of the treks to Machu Picchu
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu – 4 and 5 day options available, this trek is the second most popular, and the closest to the Inka Trail in profile, but some consider it to be harder
- Manu National Park, Standard – 4 days and includes transportation from Cusco, not recommended during the rainy season
- Manu National Park, Long – 7 or 8 days, this tour goes deeper into the park and further from civilization making wildlife sightings more likely, not recommended during the rainy season
- Manu National Park, Volunteer – 4 days standard but can easily be extended, with this tour you will spend time at an Ecological Reserve helping with their reforestation efforts, some tours are included, not recommended during the rainy season
- Manu National Park, Cultural – Programs start at 5 days, the lodge and tours are all operated by the native Matsiguenka communities in Manu, not recommended during the rainy season
- Puerto Maldonado – Programs start at 3 days, these packages do not include transportation to Puerto Maldonado and the lodge is located in the Tambopata region, these tours can provide more actual time in the jungle for the same number of days and are the better option during the rainy season